Judisch Brothers Pharmacy, at 209 Main, had a long tradition of offering quality drug products to the Ames community since 1894, when the store had a pot-bellied stove. The store's founder, George Judisch, was a fighter for high standards in the pharmaceutical field early in the 20th century. He was the president of the Iowa Pharmacy Association for two years, and chairman of its legislative committee for 12 years. The store was later owned by the George's son, Louis, and his wife, Clara.
Judisch Brothers Pharmacy offered ice cream and fountain products in addition to the prescriptions, cosmetics, baby as well as men and women's toiletry products. Cameras, film, stationery, and King candles were also handled.