In 1889, M. Jay Adams and his brother-in-law, E.C. Potter, purchased the assets of the Elliott Furniture and Undertaking Company and started operations as Adams Furniture Company, Furniture and Undertaking on the 200 block of Main Street. In 1907 M. Jay Adams built the building at 302 Main Street and was traded in 1916 for F. E. Morris Livery barn at the Town Center on Main Street. Around this time the first motor hearse and ambulance purchased.
In 1922 the furniture business was sold and Adams Funeral Home purchased to the Greeley home at 502 Douglas Avenue from the Sigma Chi Fraternity. In 1930 Jay’s two sons, Clinton and Frank took partnership in the business. Jay died in 1943 and Clinton and Frank became sole owners.
F. Terrill Adams, third generation, started as an employee in 1964 and eventually became owner in 1968. He retired in 2002 and sold to Soderstrum and renamed Adams & Soderstrum Funeral Homes.