Lincoln Highway: Stanton Avenue Intersection

This photo from around 1914 looks east from about Stanton Avenue.  Today a bank stands where the house seen on the right is located.  Down the hill the two-story structure is a rooming house (once the Gamma Phi Sorority house) at corner of Lynn and Lincoln Way and would be the site of Memorial Lutheran Church.  The Ash House is visible just beyond.  Also just visible in the center behind a tree is the office of Edwards Coal. (Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)

This photo looks west along the Lincoln Highway at the Stanton Avenue intersection. (Private Collection of Margaret Elbert)