Lincoln Highway: St. Cecilia Church

1906 Church Building and Parsonage

The Church of the Good Shephard was built in 1889 on the north side of Boone Street, later called the Lincoln Highway.  It became St. Cecilia's in 1906 when this new brick building was erected. more information (Private Collection of Margaret Elbert)

Private Collection of Margaret Elbert

This photo was retrieved from the 1915 time capsule found in the cornerstone of the old Municipal Building.  By this time, a porch had been added to the rectory. (Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)

This 1977 photo looks East along the Lincoln Highway from where St. Cecilia Church once stood. (Iowa Dept. of Transportation)