Lincoln Highway: Navy Barracks

click to enlarge

(Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)

This Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity house west of Beach Avenue at 2110 Lincoln Way was used as barracks for Navy trainees.  Those men had come to ISC campus from the Great Lakes Naval Station to be a part of the SATC program.  The photo is dated December 20, 1918.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge