Lincoln Highway: ISC Veterinary Hospital

The Veterinary Hospital was built in 1884 and was located approximately where the Pine Room is situated in the Memorial Union.  The Veterinary College originated in 1879 and this was its first building.  In 1912 when the Veterinary Quadrangle opened, this building was then used as the Carpenter Shop until 1926 when it was razed for construction of the Memorial Union. The hospital faced north; the small frame structure attached on west was added in 1921. (Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive)