Lincoln Highway: 1926 Aerial View

Campus Town - click to enlarge

This 1926 aerial view looks northeast towards the ISC campus.  The Sheldon corner where the Lincoln Highway turned north is in the center.  The original Welch School (renamed Harlan) can be seen on Sheldon one block south of Lincoln Way.  Also of interest is the interurban track, the water tower two blocks south of Clyde Williams Field, and the tar paper Shack adjacent to the newly constructed Collegiate Methodist Church.