Beardshear School (1903 to 1973) was named for the 6th President of Iowa Agricultural College (now ISU) , William Beardshear. It was located on the Northeast side of the intersection of 9th and Carroll. It was raised in 1977 to make room for Wilson-Beardshear School (1977-2009) which served special needs kids. After sitting empty for several years it was sold to Ames Community Play School. A day care/pre school facility knows as ACPC.
1946-1947 Beardshear Kindergarten Class
Eloise Derse & Mary Swzaringen, teachers